In 2017, Steppingstone administered an Alumni Survey focused on career pathways and career development.
Some key findings include:
- 97% of respondents earned a bachelor’s degree or higher
76% of respondents had a job or internship during college in their career field of interest
72% of respondents obtained their first full-time job within six months after graduating from college
- 69% of respondents obtained their first full-time job in their career field of interest after graduating from college
- Alumni are working in a variety of career fields, with strong representation in the non-profit and education-related sectors:
- 75% of respondents who graduated from college are currently working full-time
- The average current salary of those who are employed full-time is $50,000 – $74,999
88% of respondents report being satisfied with their current position
- When asked what Alumni know now about career development that they didn’t know when they began their careers, 41% mentioned the value of networking.
Special thank you to the nearly 200 Alumni who participated in this survey! Your feedback and input will be invaluable as Steppingstone continues to build and refine its career services programming for college-age Scholars.